Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Toast To Taylor and Courtney...

I never got to make a toast at the Taylor and Courtney wedding. Though I had one prepared. I didn't want it to go to waste i guess so I typed it out so I could give it....through my blog i guess. So if I had given some sort of a toast or speech, it would have gone something like this....and just for Taylor... it's in Helvetica...


I have known Taylor for only about 4 years. Not terribly long in terms of a friendship, but the relationship we have developed over those short years has made a lasting impression that will echo through out my life. I consider him my best friend and maybe the best friend I have ever had. I love him.


However, that is nothing compared to the friendship and love I have seen in his and Courtney’s relationship. I think it might be safe to say that I, above everyone else, have had the privilege of seeing their relationship grow the most. I can’t precisely remember when I met courtney or how our relationship grew but I came to love her as quickly as Taylor. Living with Taylor for the past years there have been many times where I have been the 3rd wheel in our room as we all watch a movie, a TV show, eat dinner, or play games. Needless to say I have been with Courtney and Taylor quite a bit and never in my whole life have I seen such a wonderful, godly, and inspiring relationship.


I have gone to church with them and seen there passion for the Lord. I have watched them selflessly help with many events and organizations that benefit the poor and the poor in spirit. I have had them pray over me and bless me with encouragement. I have seen them map out their lives in order to live it to God’s will. I have witnesses their capacity for love and seen it played out in their actions and words.


I don’t know if I will ever see a love more powerful than theirs, but I can only hope that mine might equal, even if only, just a fraction of what they have. If I could achieve even a portion of what they have I know I would be happy the rest of my life. They are the love that inspires me. They are the love I want to model my own relationships after.


Though I lament relinquishing him to his new roommate, I know I wouldn’t have it any other way. Courtney is who he is supposed to be with. No question. I would wish them the best of luck, but I know they won’t need it. They have God, a blessed relationship, and each other and that is worth all the luck you could ever imagine.


I have no advice to give because anything I could ever say about this subject will never be as beautiful, accurate, or eloquent as the words written by Paul in 1 Corinthians chapter 13 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always trusts, always hopes always perseveres. Love never fails.”


I love you Taylor and Courtney Walling.



With All the Love I Can Give,

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment